Tardy and Checkout Policy for Williston Elementary School Students
This policy was approved by the Levy County School Board at the meeting on August 2, 2011.
1. A tardy is defined as an arrival to class or school after the designated starting time or the tardy signal has sounded. Reasons for excused tardies are the same as for excused absences.
2. Parents must follow the same process to excuse a tardy or early check out as they do to excuse an absence.
3. In Grades K-5, any combination of three (3) unexcused tardies or unexcused dismissals within a nine-week grading period will be equivalent to one (1) absence.
4. The Principal has the discretion to excuse tardiness/dismissals for extenuating circumstances.
5. When tardies or checkouts become excessive, the problem will be addressed through a required parent conference with the school principal/designee.
6. No students shall be released within the final 30 minutes of the school day unless the principal/designee determines it is an emergency.
School Mission Statement:
Our mission is to provide a safe and enriching environment, preparing all students for college and career readiness through quality instruction and collaboration with all stakeholders.